Priority for RISE membership is afforded to freshman and sophomore students who have a cumulative GPA below 2.75 and are facing academic challenges.
RISE Student Responsibilities
- Complete a minimum of six (6) academic preparation hours per week in any of the following areas:
- RISE Study Session Hours
- RISE Academic Programs/Workshops
- Pitt Academic Resource centers
- RISE Coach Meetings
- Faculty Hours/Peer-Led Study Groups
- Attend RISE Forums.
- Attend the RISE Student Retreat, unless excused by the RISE Program Director.
- Register for and participate in the Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC).
- Become an active member of a student organization.
- Attend Sunday evening mentoring sessions.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with RISE Coach.
- Meet with RISE Mentor at least once per semester and correspond with mentor at least once per month.
- Interview one Pitt faculty member each semester and submit the Interview a Professor Assignment.
- Complete the RISE End of the Semester Program Evaluations.
Book Award Incentive
When a student participant successfully completes all required program components and re-enrolls in RISE across successive academic terms, those who are eligible/active can receive up to a $250 book award per term. Eligible members of the RISE Student Advisory Board can receive up to $300 per term.
Eligibility is strictly enforced.